Saturday, April 18, 2009

Banana Pudding Cake


(This is how I become a chunky monkey - banana pudding cake and cookies 'n' cream ice cream...)

As I started making this cake, I realized that I'm about to tell you all how great and easy this cake is, made from a few things in a box, when in the previous post I waxed on about how you should make your tacos from scratch and not use the spice packet but instead what you have in your cupboards....hmmm...doesn't reconcile, does it? Oh well. I guess that's just how it is with me. Sometimes I appreciate the convenience (and taste to be honest) of some of the convenience products, other times I want to "make it myself." So, that's not a very consistent philosophy, but it does produce consistently good food.

This cake is one example of good food, and is another great use for your over ripe bananas, whether they are on the counter or in the freezer!

Combine the cake mix and the dry pudding mix. Then add the eggs, water, oil and bananas. Mix on low until combined, then scrape the bowl and beat on medium speed for 4 minutes. I love my stand mixer. While it does the work for four minutes, I empty the dishwasher!



Pour the batter into a greased and floured bundt pan and bake. This smells SO good while it's baking. Don't be suprised if monkeys show up at your door.

Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes.



Then, turn the cake onto a wire rack to cool completely. If you like, you can make a simple powdered sugar glaze for the cake, or sprinkly powdered sugar over it. I like it just plain, though.

Banana Pudding Cake


1 package yellow cake mix
1 3.5 oz package instant banana pudding mix
4 eggs
1 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup mashed banana

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.

In large bowl, stir together cake and pudding mixes. Add eggs, water, oil and mashed banana. Beat on low speed til blended. Scrape bowl; beat on medium speed for four minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.

Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, til cake tests done with a toothpick. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes; then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.

Serves 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.