Sunday, June 28, 2009

Grilled Rubbed Pork



I like to experiment with different "treatments" for meat on the grill, but this is one I come back to again and again. It's subtle, but gives the meat a delicious kick. And it takes all of 45 seconds to prepare, which leaves more time for reading in the back yard!

This recipe is for two pork tenderloins - I usually only make one at a time, so I just cut the rub ingredients in half. If you like, you could also make more ahead of time and keep the rub in an airtight container. But, since it only takes 45 seconds to prepare, you could just make it fresh each time, too. (Okay, that was a circuitous paragraph.)



In a small bowl (I actually use a ramekin), combine the brown sugar and spices.



Stir these up so they are all mixed together. Place your tenderloin(s) on a plate or in a cake pan or cookie sheet (your preference!) and rub the spice mixture all over it/them, top, bottom and sides.



Cover and refrigerate the meat for up to 3 hours.

Grill the pork over indirect medium heat for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally. With pork, you want the internal temperature to reach 160 degrees.



Let the meat stand for 5 minutes before slicing.



Need side dishes? Try roasted vegetables , almond wild rice and cranberry salad with this pork.

For more great ideas, visit Mouthwatering Mondays, Recipe Swap, Tasty Tuesday, Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table and the Ultimate Recipe Swap.

Grilled Rubbed Pork

2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. pepper

Place pork in a 9x13 dish. Combine the brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, oregano and pepper and stir well to mix. Rub over pork, covering all sides. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours.

Grill over indirect heat for 15-20 minutes until pork reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees, turning occasionally. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serves 6.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy - similar to a rub I use on ribs...I'll have to try it on pork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Nice pictures and instructions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family loves pork tenderloin! Thanks for the rub recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet the brown sugar gives it a great flavor

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pork tenderloin! I'll have to try this recipe this weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! That looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to try this rub. Looks great!! Thanks for linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good. Great recipe for the 4th. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We’re planning on grilling up a storm this weekend. I just posted a recipe share link on my site. Hope you’ll stop by and add a favorite:

    http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/07/friday-feasts.html

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.