Monday, September 28, 2009

Cucumber-Dill Shrimp Dip



There's nothing that motivates me to eat raw veggies more than a delicious dip! I had some shrimp leftover after making the stir fry and risotto, so I was excited to re-discover this recipe in my collection.

I love shrimp and dill, and well, cucumbers, too, so I knew this would be a great combination. And it didn't disappoint. I'm eating it even as I type this post.

Combine the sour cream, salt and dill in a small mixing bowl.



Add the cream cheese,



then beat until smooth.

Set aside 3 whole shrimp for a garnish, then chop up the remaining shrimp.



Chop the cucumbers and set aside 2 Tbsp. for the garnish.

Add the remaining cucumbers to the creamed mixture.



Then add the shrimp.



Stir well to mix all ingredients, and then refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving. Serve with vegetables or crackers.

Get more great snack inspiration at Monday Munchies. There are more great ideas at the Ultimate Recipe Swap, Mouthwatering Mondays, Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays, Tuesdays at the Table and Tasty Tuesday.

Cucumber-Dill Shrimp Dip

3/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 Tbsp. snipped fresh dill or 1 tsp. dill weed
1/4 tsp. salt
4 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
6 oz. cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
3/4 cup diced unpeeled cucumber

In a mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, dill, salt and cream cheese and beat until smooth. Set aside 3 shrimp and 2 Tbsp. diced cucumber for garnish. Finely chop remaining shrimp. Add shrimp and cucumber to creamed mixture and stir well. Refrigerate for several hours before serving. Serve with vegetables and/or crackers. Serves 8.

7 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tamy, this really does sound amazing! It's definitely going on my list for one of my game day buffets! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking for a new appetizer recipe for a work function and I think I will try this!

    Thanks!

    Marti @ Forking It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love for you to link up to Crock Pot Wednesday at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. Mister Linky is ready for your favorite slow cooker recipe. Come check it out. Thanks. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that would be yummy! I am more likely to eat those veggies with a good dip, too!! Thanks for the recipe and linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, yummy! As always, thanks for sharing with TATT. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delicious!!

    Here from Ultimate Recipe Swap.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.