Friday, November 12, 2010

Bacon, Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche


My friend Michelle gave me a great recipe for bacon and cheddar quiche and I adapted it - adding broccoli for color, taste and vitamins. It's a great combination, and easy to throw together, and equally delicious for breakfast, lunch or dinner. (Pictured above with green beans with pine nuts.)

Start by cooking the broccoli until it is tender crisp, about 3-4 minutes.



Meanwhile combine the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and thyme in a mixing bowl and whisk well.



Add the drained broccoli



then the cheddar and bacon,



and pour into the prepared pie crust.





Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the eggs are set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.



Get more ideas at Mouthwatering Monday, Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, Tuesday at the Table , Tasty Tuesday, Whatcha Makin' Wednesdays , What's Cooking Wednesdays, This Week's Cravings, Let's Do Brunch.

Bacon, Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche

8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cups chopped broccoli
5 eggs
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 - 9" unbaked pie crust

Steam broccoli until crisp tender; drain. Whisk together eggs, milk, thyme, salt and pepper. Add the broccoli, bacon and cheddar and stir to combine. Pour into prepared crust. Bake at 375 for 35-45 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

6 comments:

  1. Your quiche sounds delicious. I like the way you have added broccoli too, it makes things taste so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lovely brunch dish...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe looks like the one my aunt use to make except she used chicken but I like this
    variation also. I would love it if you linked
    this up at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous and delicious looking quiche. Broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables so I love how you added it into this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love broccoli and bacon together! This quiche sounds so good, and it looks lovely too. I also like the thyme in it, which would add such a lovely depth of flavour. Thank you so much for sharing it with Let's Do Brunch Sara. Hope to 'see' you there again this week!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.