Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Best Soup and Stew Recipes of 2011

This series counts down to 2012 by looking back on the "best of" in 2011. Hosted by SnoWhite over at Finding Joy in my Kitchen, it's a fun way to revisit what I've made over the last year. In this case, it was a wake up call. MAKE MORE SOUP!!!

Well, really, it's not that I haven't made a lot of soup. I just didn't make a lot of NEW soup recipes. I enjoyed a lot of soup, namely spicy sweet potato and sausage soup, potato soup, beef and barley soup with mushrooms, shrimp and corn chowder, and winter squash and apple soup, just to name a few.

But, they weren't from 2011.

However, what I did make in 2011 turned out to be two of my favorites OF ALL TIME.

Irish Stew



and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup



were my only new soup tries in 2011. But they were tremendously delicious. Maybe that's why I didn't try more new recipes? In any case, I hope you'll try them, and in 2012 I will endeavor to make more NEW soup. Sounds like a good resolution to me. (And, oh yeah, I still haven't made pie crust from scratch. These resolutions are starting to pile up.)

Head on over to Finding Joy in My Kitchen for more great soup and stew round ups!

2 comments:

  1. We discovered the same thing -- many of our favorite soups we made over & over again... guess I'll have to branch out too :)

    You can totally do the pie crust thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, that Irish stew looks so good!
    I'm going to have to put the sweet potato soup on my menu too. Hubby loves sweet potatoes but the only way I've ever cooked them is as a sweet dish.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.