Monday, November 17, 2014

Balsamic and Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Tenderloin (crock pot)


This month for Secret Recipe Club I was assigned to Veronica's Cornucopia. She has a lot of great recipes and I knew it would be hard to choose one - but as soon as I saw the recipe for balsamic and brown sugar glazed pork tenderloin, I was sold. Not only did this look super delicious and easy to put together, but it used the crock pot, one of the best inventions ever, in my humble opinion.

And I was not disappointed. I love pork tenderloin - it's one of my favorite cuts of meat, and this preparation is absolutely scrumptious. The pork is cooked on low for several hours after being rubbed with the great combination of sage and garlic, and then glazed in the last hour of cooking with the most amazing sauce - your whole house will smell fantastic, and you may be surprised when the neighbors start popping in unexpectedly! I served this with roasted sweet potatoes and roasted brussels sprouts (my favorite fall side dishes!) but I predict that no matter the season, this pork will be making many appearances on my dinner table. I hope you'll try it, too!


Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin

1 (2 pound) boneless pork tenderloin
1 tsp. rubbed sage
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 cup water

Glaze:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp. soy sauce

Combine sage, salt, pepper and garlic. Rub over roast. Place in slow cooker with 1/2 cup water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. About 1 hour before roast is done, combine ingredients for glaze in small sauce pan. Whisk well to dissolve the cornstarch, then heat and stir until mixture boils and slightly thickens. Brush roast with glaze several times during the last hour of cooking. Remove the pork to a serving plate and gently shred with two forks. Re-warm glaze and serve with pork.



4 comments:

  1. This looks so tender and tasty - perfect for the cold weather ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you. How could I ever survive without my crock pot??? Your tenderloin looks delicious!!!

    http://makingmemorieswithyourkids.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love cooking in the crock pot. The meat looks and sounds excellent!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I can imaging how amazing your house smells when this is cooking :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.