Sunday, December 31, 2017

Countdown to 2018: Most Popular Recipes of 2017

Hooray! It's reader favorites day! I love looking back at which posts got the most attention in 2017 and there are some winning recipes here! Without further ado, here are the most popular posts of 2017 - a great mix of main dishes AND treats! Everything in moderation, right?

Seafood Lasagna

This was our New Year's special dinner in 2017. And it is worthy of a special occasion! Shrimp, scallops, crab, combined with spinach and a cheesy cream sauce with lasagna noodles - I'm practically drooling just thinking about it.


Scandinavian Almond Bars

These have been one of my favorite cookies for a long time, and I finally got around to posting about them! I love making them at Christmastime, but the truth is, they are not particularly Christmas-y, so you can make them anytime. What they are is downright delicious. And addictive.


Eggnog Donuts

These donuts are a super fun way to use eggnog! Besides drinking it of course. I love baking with eggnog, and I loved the result I got with Eggnog Cake, so I knew these donuts would be a winner. They won wave reviews at a holiday brunch. Start planning for next Christmas now!


Cherry Chicken Pasta Salad

This is my favorite deli salad from an "upscale" grocer here in my town. So I was thrilled when they published the recipe so I could make it at home. Since posting it, people have commented about how they make it their own, including adding nuts like cashews or pecans.


French Silk Brownies

Isn't fun to doctor up a mix and come up with something extraordinary? That's how I feel about this dessert. It starts with a boxed brownie mix, but you'd never know it once you top it with french silk amazingness. Take this wonderful dessert to your next party and you will be the talk of the town.


Go on over to Sarah's and see more great "countdown" posts!

4 comments:

  1. That salad looks amazing. P.S. I love to use egg nog in baking too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those French Silk Brownies look to die for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Karen, Wendy, and Colleen - I want the salad, almond bars, and brownies :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.